Friday, March 9, 2007

Happy Birthday, Vivian!

My "older" sister, Viv turns 48 today...so first of all, "Happy Birthday!" wishes sent to her through my blog.

Secondly, I wish I could spend more time with her and my other sibs. We seem so busy nowadays. Viv is forever jetting around somewhere as an executive with a large multinational oil company. She negotiates their travel deals with airlines, hotels, etc. so you can imagine traveling with her. My bro is busy with his family stuff, my other big sis Irene is busy as well.

As a family, my parents try to plan a reunion every other year. The last one was to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. When our kids were younger, it was great to get all the cousins together somewhere fun...we have celebrated the past 10 years at DisneyWorld, Yellowstone National Park (my favorite so far), China (my other favorite), and Virginia Beach. But as everyone gets older, the opportunities to see everyone together are fewer and fewer, we have to just steal a few moments separately. The size of the clan makes it tough...I think there are 23 of us now to plan around, and the age spread goes from Benjamin, aged 2 (next week!) to Great Grandpa Larry, aged 80 (also next week!), so finding places that appeal to 4 generations of consumers is difficult to say the least.

We have never been a family that has traditional vacation habits. No summer home, cabin, boat, camp, beach week, etc. Maybe my kids are neglected in this way...I don't know how we never set up a regular spot for vacationing. Probably because my family growing up never did because we were always moving around...life was a vacation for us, I suppose.

Anyway, with so many birthdays coming up over the next couple of weeks, I find myself nostalgic, wishing love and blessings on my siblings, parents, nieces, nephews, great-nephew, aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, cousin-in-laws, and significant others of my relatives that aren't connected legally...yet. I am also hoping to take advantage of seeing everyone whenever the opportunity arises...business travel, vacations, or purposeful plans.

Happy Birthday, again Viv! I remembered and dedicate this post to you! I love you and the girls!

Chow!

No comments: