Tuesday, April 17, 2007

TAX DAY! Dammit!

Now I remember why I voted Republican last election. I just sent in my extension filing so I can delay the inevitable for a few more weeks...or months. I can't believe how much the IRS thinks they can charge me. I don't think Lori and I are getting our money's worth. Let me change that...I KNOW we aren't.

But I guess I should take solace in the fact that I live far from harm's way, enjoy a comfortable, safe, and enjoyable existence. My accountant says that I should be glad that I an afford to pay what I owe, but then again he isn't the one writing the check. It just burns me to have to still write a big one after paying estimated taxes quarterly, Alternate Minimum Taxes and the requisite penalties, and however else the IRS likes to squeeze me.

I am thinking about seceding from the Union and starting the independent country of "Wu." Anyone willing to emigrate? National Anthem: Slow Ride

Chow!

No comments: