Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Maui, Here We Come

Sorry to break this to you all, but Lori and I are heading to sunny Maui for a mini vacation this week. I will make sure to post photos, stories and interesting tidbits about the culture, food, etc. upon my return. I ain't taking the laptop nor a cell phone. No sense relaxing when still connected to the busy world.

We have some fun activities planned for us. We are going at sunrise to the top of Mount Haleakala for some early morning sights. We will then do the drive to Hana, hike in the National Park and explore the 7 Pools...my guess is that it is a series of waterfalls to hike and explore. We also set up a snorkling trip to Molokini Crater, an ancient caldera that just breaks the surface of the Pacific Ocean, leaving a crescent shaped island. Diving in the crater is supposed to be spectacular. Looking forward to that morning...

I will also do a little golfing, sans wife at Kapalua. Lori will find some shopping or other diversion while I am gone.

I NEED this break. Hope to pick up a little sanity while there. I want to learn a little Pidgin English as well so I can play the local v. the tourist. I think Locals get better service, prices and consideration.

Chow!

No comments: