Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Post 2010

Here I am, sitting in a warm house with the lights on, food in the oven, and loved ones on the way home. I have a lot to be thankful for! Each year I try to really dig deep in my soul and discover what I am truly thankful for...not only what, but who as well.

This year I will have a bunch of "whos" to thank.
  1. I am thankful for people in my life who actually do what they say they will do. I have not had too many disappointments in my life. I have been able to count on a ton of people this year. Top of the list is my ever-loving wife, Lori. The rest of the list is pretty long...my family is always there for me. Outside of them I can add to it: Milton, Barbie, Francis, Jared, James, Thomas, Linda, Julie, Chante, Ken, Dave, Shana, Stacey, Rick, Jeff, Mike, Janice, Donna, Donald, Roya, PJ, Candace, Jana, Tom, and John. You all have saved my bacon so often, and I appreciate this quality about you.
  2. I am thankful for a God that seems to never let me down. He sets me up and supports me so that I am able to do what I say I am going to do. I don't feel over-committed, but people say I am crazy to do what I do on a daily basis. I pray that I have not been a disappointment to anyone in my life this year. I try to finish what I start, and I try to say "yes" when I really have the time and energy. I don't know why, but whenever God answers my prayers I am amazed. I should expect it! But "Oh me of little faith" is always so confounded when he answers them. And I ask for ridiculous things for His Kingdom to grow. Maybe that is what always surprises me...
  3. I am thankful for the comfortable environment God has blessed me with. I shouldn't have a worry in the world. I don't worry about where my next meal will come from, or that if I turn a switch I can have heat, light, food, or water...whenever I want it. Knowing that my friends in Kenya can't always count on that, and have to fight daily for survival makes me feel guilty...but I can still be thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving! I wish we could celebrate it everyday because that is just the right way to do it. But once a year makes it special. Please think about all the things in your life that you are thankful for. And go a step further...tell those people you are thankful for them.

Chow!

No comments: