Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Face is now in the Book

Well, now as a middle-aged guy it feels strange to have a profile on Facebook, but it was necessary to sign up to see my buddy's wedding photos. That is my story, and I will stick to it. Secretly I have been wondering about places like MySpace and Facebook, and now I am deep into it. The boomer in me wanted to stick strictly to "business-oriented" networking sites like LinkedIn, but I have also been envious of those laughing and sharing fun, friendly stuff on their social networking pages.

At first I thought I would just put a profile quickly together and that would be that...nope, I started visiting my new-found friends' profiles, taking quizzes, posting photos, adding links, etc. I was hooked. Don't even get me started on posting messages on the wall. I haven't poked anyone, gifted anything, or goosed my buddies...yet. I am afraid that if I get started I will never stop.

It is fun. I can't believe what I have missed out on all these years. It is also strange to have your kids, their friends, and your nieces and nephews as "friends". I guess I will have to get used to it. I will have to be careful to not try to appear too young, but I gotta tell you it makes you feel young at heart...and cool!

Okay, call me an idiot, but you'd better confirm me as a friend if I send you an invite!!

Chow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you don't have to just feel cool because you are on facebook, you are cool. Think of facebook as the cool club... And belated thanks for accepting my friend request!